If you are traveling elsewhere in the world, the best way to get to Madrid is via plane – and this would not be so much trouble because there are numerous flights that cater to the capital city of Spain. All flights coming from overseas countries, including the US, land at Barajas, the international airport of Madrid. For information on flights, you can dial 90-235-35-70.
Main flight providers in the US
For those traveling from the US, particularly Miami and New York, Iberia Airlines (Phone: 800/772-4642), which is the national carrier of Spain, provides more routes to Spain, encompassing nonstop service going to Madrid. Other airlines catering to the city from the US are:
• American Airlines (Phone: 800/433-7300): daily nonstop flights to Madrid from Miami
• Delta (Phone: 800/241-4141): daily nonstop service from Atlanta
• United Airlines (Phone: 800/241-6522): nonstop daily from Washington
• US Airways (Phone: 800/428-4322): daily nonstop service from Philadelphia
Main flight providers in the UK
• British Airways (Phone: 0845/773-3377)
• Iberia (Phone: 020/7830-0011)
There are plenty of flights to Madrid that you can choose from wherever you are in the world; thus making the travel experience easier and more convenient.